Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cosmo Cricket is having a DT call.............

and I’m doing the happy dance! Who wouldn't want to be a part of Cosmo Cricket's Design Team!?! It’s not really surprising that I feel this way since their product is TO DIE FOR and the Cosmo Cricket people all seem like such a fun & happy bunch....I can’t resist applying. So here goes..............

If you walk into my craft room it's obvious that I have an OBSESSION with paper. I like to cut it, punch it, try different techniques with it, piece my scraps together, stitch, ink, sand, crumple it and all other sorts of paper related torture. I do all this because it’s fun... really, it just is! And Cosmo Cricket is at the top of my “must have” list of products. What’s not to like about them? They create product designs that are full of color and whimsy. Everything from pretty florals to cute robots yet they still include basic patterns that keep their collections versatile for any theme I might be working on at the moment. On top of that, their papers are double-sided (hey, I’m a practical girl after all....you know, the economy and all that), durable to work with for any project or paper technique, and .......and ......they’re environmentally friendly! Not many scrapbook companies can claim all that! Bottom line, creating is
easy with fabulous products like those made by Cosmo Cricket.

Lately, I’m in love with cardmaking. That wasn’t always the case. Don’t get me wrong, I still love creating layouts but there’s something about the satisfaction of designing the tiny landscape of a card and filling it with all sorts of things. I really like the variety of shapes and sizes, styles, and techniques you can explore when making a card. And the fact that I can complete a project in a short amount of time is a simple pleasure for me. Cards are my go-to project when I want to create but don’t have much time to do so.

Here are some cards I created recently with Cosmo Cricket.............

Hello – 4.5”H x 5”W
This shaped card has the front cut as a circle
and the back is rectangular. Flower and leaf punches are layered and inked.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Dutch Girl – Sofie, Klara & Audrey
Tools: Mint Condition and Loves Me, Loves Me Not Squeeze Punches; Round the Bend Corner Squeeze Punch; USX and SuperSize Circle Templates by Fiskars









Oh Happy Day! – 7.5”H x 5.5”W
Lots of circles here – layered and embellished with a fabric yo-yo and mini brads.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Early Bird – Apron Strings, Cherry Pie & Farmers Market
Other: yo-you made by me; buttons; mini brads
Tools: Circle Pop-Up Punch, Round ‘n Round Squeeze Punches, Scallop Sentiment Borde
r Punch by Fiskars









OH BOY! You’re 3! Birthday Card – 6”H x 4”W
Journaling cards pieced together along with punches. The stars were made using a fabulous technique I learned over at the Fiskars website from my friend/teammate Lisa Storms - such a clever girl! I used white core cs and sanded them a bit.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Get Happy – Strip Tease &
Other: Heidi Grace Alpha Stickers
Tools: Twinkle, Twinkle; Round ‘n Round; and You Bracket, You Bought It - Squeeze Punches by Fiskars Journaling Cards








Thanks So Much! – 5.25”H x 7”W
This is an example of how well CC’s papers go together
even when crossing collections. Squares are stitched; layered punched flowers with button centers; Rain Dots added.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Mr. Campy – Flannel, Nature Walk, Skipping Stones, Happy Trails and Happy Camper; Early Bird – Apron Strings and Cherry Pie.
Other: Clear Rain Dots by Cloud 9 Design
Tools: Daisy Pop Up Punch and Oopsie Daisy Squeeze Punches by Fiskars



Birthday Wish – 8.5”H x 5”W
Quick embellishment made by layering the paper buttons and stitching.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Dutch Girl – Klara, Audrey and Sofie
Other: Chipboard Alpha by Li’l Davis Designs
Tools: USX and Circle Shape Template; Round the Bend Corner Squeeze Punch by Fiskars












Lazy Days – 5.25”H x 7.5”W
I made my own word paper as background, then I layered circles along the top and bottom edge. I added folded paper strips and stitched across to secure. Center is word from Elements sheet embellished with Rain Dots and buttons.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Snorkel – Elements, Carbonation, School’s Out, Current, Beach Towel, and Board Walk
Other: Sunshine and Clear Rain Dots by Cloud 9 Design, buttons
Tools: Round ‘n Round Squeeze Punches by Fiskars


Welcome to the Neighborhood – 6”H x 8”W
This is my favorite card of the bunch. I like its whimsy and paper piecing has always been a favorite technique of mine. Also, this is another example of how easy it is to mix up papers across (5) collections when using Cosmo Cricket.
Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket’s Dutch Girl (Audrey), Early Bird (Apron Strings and Farmer’s Market), Mr. Campy (Nature Walk), Snorkel (Umbrellas, Beach Towel, Boardwalk, and Carbonation), Cogsmo (Bandwith)
Other: mini brad, buttons
Tools – Round ‘n Round, Mint Condition, and Amore Squeeze Punches; USX and Circle Shape Template by Fiskars



So that's it! I'm glad I’ve had this chance to share some Cosmo Cricket *love* on my blog and to apply for a place as a designer on their team. Wish me luck!!!

And for any and all who’ve read the above....thank you! I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to do so. Have a wonderful day!



-->

2 comments:

Angie said...

Good luck! I can not IMAGINE them not taking you on! If not, it's their loss... You are awesome!

Terri Davenport said...

These are fabulous!!! Best wishes for the DT call!