Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!!!

Hey there! So have you been celebrating World Card Making Day like I have? This year is actually the first time I've been able to have the day to myself and join in on the fun. And I can't tell you how much I've loved creating these cards today!

Lately, I love accordion folding paper strips to look like ribbon and sewing them to my projects. The other thing I seem obsessed with is stitching circles to my pages and cards. So I figured why not put them both together on one card....

Supplies: Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice - Spice, Allspice, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg, Rosemary & Sesame patterned paper; Touch of Spice & Butterfly Dreams iCandy Jewels

Tools: Fiskars Americas - Round 'n Round
and All-a-Flutter Squeeze Punches & Around the Corner Squeeze Punch

My other card was inspired by Kazan's fantastic sketch #36 at 2 Sketches 4 You. I fringed a handful of circle punches and layered them to create the flower. I also layered border punched strips just below the sentiment.

Supplies: Bo Bunny Delilah - Stripe, Promise, Pretty, You&Me, Here's 2 U and Delilah patterned paper; Touch of Spice & Butterfly Dreams iCandy Jewels

Tools: Fiskars Americas - Round 'n Round and Mint Condition Squeeze Punches; Around the Corner Squeeze Punch; Sea Pearls 3-in-1 Corner Punch; Lace & Lattice Border Corner Punch; and Apron Lace & Scalloped Sentiment Border Punches.

Now, the best part of today's post is that I have a give away of 2 brand new punches by Fiskars.

The first is the Lace & Lattice Border Corner Punch (on my card above I trimmed away the straight edge leaving only the tiny scallop that looks similar to the Apron Lace Border Punch) and the second is the Romantique 3-in-1 Corner Punch. So, if you'd like to win this set of awesome punches, please leave a comment to this post and I will randomly choose a winner Tuesday, October 6th by 12pm EST.

Hope you had as much fun as I did on World Card Making Day! Go be crafty...and enjoy the rest of your weekend!



14 comments:

Jacqui said...

Your cards are really pretty. What lovely punches too.

Savitri said...

Wow, both your cards are GORGEOUS!!!!! I don't think I've ever seen your work. I am definitely missing out! WOW!!

Tamaroo said...

You do amazing work! Love them all!

Kazan Clark said...

Holy Cow is this cute or what!!!! Love the flower
thanks for sharing
:) Kazan

broni (waterchild12) said...

Wow, what beautiful cards!! Congrats on being chosen Card of the Week at 2S4U!!

Unfading Spring said...

Your card is fabulous, well done on winning card of the week.

Hugs Carol x

Melody said...

Congrats on your win at 2s4y! I so enjoyed visiting your site. Your projects are wonderful!

Julia said...

Patti...girl you can rock our Bo Bunny products I tell you!! I loved the cards..love all the circles, the fringing of the flowers..the look amazing!! :-)

Karen said...

Stunning cards; congratulations on being chose for the 2Sketches4You challenge. Well deserved! Love your fringed flowers.

Charlene said...

Congrats Patti!!!! beautiful cards :-)

Shirley said...

Your cards are so gorgeous, and so worthy of a win at 2S4U!! Love your work, and as soon as I'm done here, I'm going back to look some more! Thanks so much for the chance to win some great punches.

Jan said...

Gorgeous cards Patti! And big congrats on card of the week over at 2sketches4you!

kimmerbe said...

Love both your cards. Those punches are super-cool! I would love to win them!

Tanya said...

Congrats on being chosen as Card of the Week! Your projects are beautiful!! I would LOVE to in those punches!!