Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some Bo Bunny Goodness...

I have been one busy girl lately and have some recent Bo Bunny projects to share today.......

For the Bo Bunny Sketch Challenge this month, Rita Shimniok gave us a great single page sketch to work with that I turned to the right to put together a layout of my girl. It's been months since her birthday and I STILL can't believe she's 13! It doesn't seem that long ago that she still needed to hold my hand when we crossed the street....eek! :)

Title: Love You
I used the new Love Bandit collection along with the Persuasion Buttons & Bling for this layout. I wanted to create a larger flower embellishment and decided to replicate the flower shape found in the patterned paper. I used heart shape punches in graduating sizes and pieced 4 together for each layer and then added the cut out flower shape to the center along with a button.
Tip: Use a large circle punch underneath to anchor all the heart punches in place.

The butterfly punches are layered and stitched to the page. For the tag, I stamped the flourish images with Versamark Ink on kraft cardstock.

Supplies:
Bo Bunny's Love Bandit - Nuts, Whoo Loves You, Stripe and Flower Die Cut patterned papers; Love Bandit Combo Stickers; Double Dot Card Stock - Shiitake, Kiwi, Strawberry & Wine; Persuasion Buttons & Bling
Tools:
Bo Bunny - Journal Acrylic Stamp; Love Birds Clearly Stamps
Fiskars Americas - Flutterby, A Chip Off the Ole Block and Round 'n Round Squeeze Punches; Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and Circle Shape Template; Apron Lace Border Punch and Scallop Paper Edgers
Quickutz - heart and tag die cuts

.....................................................................................
This next project was for the Fall Flower challenge. Now, when I think of Fall flowers, the first flowers that come to my mind are Chrysanthemums. I just love them.... the endless layers of petals on each flower is so pretty and for me the Gypsy collection had the perfect color combination to recreate them.

Title: Fall Flower Bucket
I used a small pre-painted bucket from the craft store and then splatter painted with brown acrylic to make it a little less stark looking. I embellished with the layered flowers, ribbon and flourish stickers and added pinch of seedbeads with liquid glue in the center. Fill the container with candy or baked goods to use as a favor or even as a placecard for the Thanksgiving table if you like.

Supplies:
Bo Bunny's Gypsy -Henna, Lace & Spice patterned papers; Gypsy Combo Stickers; Gypsy Buttons & Bling; Double Dot Ribbon - 5/8" Orange Citrus & 3/8" Harvest
Tools:
Fiskars Americas - Oopsie Daisy Squeeze Punches; Daisy Pop-Up Punch; Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and Flowers 1 Shape Template and Shapes & Flowers set of Shape Templates

......................................................................................
These Christmas cards are the projects I used for the Stamping Shrink Plastic with Bo Bunny Stamps tutorial. Using shrink plastic to create your own unique dimensional embellishments is super easy and fun...something you can definitely do with the kids too. I like that it gives me another way to put my stamps to good use. You can find shrink plastic at your local craft store and they typically carry a few different types. I like to use the Frosted for most of my projects. Aside from scrapbook and card embellishments, you can make earrings and charms for bracelets among other things.

Card Title: St. Nick

Supplies:
Bo Bunny's St. Nick - Mistletoe, Noel, St. Nick and Sugar Plum; Chiffon Double Dot Cardstock; Home for the Holidays Cardstock Stickers; Christmas Wishes Rub-Ons; Holly Berry iCandy Jewels; and St. Nick Buttons & Bling
Tools:
Bo Bunny: Dear Santa Clearly Stamp
Fiskars Americas: Lattice & Lace Border Corner Punch



Card Title: Christmas Trio
Supplies:
Bo Bunny's 'Tis the Season - Treasure, Stripe, Yuletide, 'Tis the Season and Deck the Halls patterned papers; Wildberry Bodacious Brads
Tools:
Bo Bunny - Merry Christmas Clearly Stamp
Fiskars Americas - Scallop Sentiment Border Punch; Round 'n Round Squeeze Punch and Seal of Approval Scallop Squeeze Punch

......................................................................................

So that's it! As you can see, I'm all about creating your own embellishments and I hope I've given you a little inspiration to make your own, too.

By the way, later this week I'll be joining in on a Blog Hop along with a super talented group of Fiskars designers and friends. Please stop by as I'll be posting a project of my own along with the list of other participants. It's sure to be a Blog Hop full of creativity and fun!

Thanks & have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

April said...

Wow!! These are all soooooo amazing. I'm really loving that layout...the colors are just fantastic!!
- April