Friday, October 8, 2010

Fabric, Stamps & Paper...oh my!

It seems that I've been doing a little bit of everything lately...lots of sewing projects especially.  My sewing skills are pretty basic but I learn a little more each time I tackle a new challenge and it's so much fun, too.

This Pumpkin Pincushion for the Fiskars' website was super easy to make... However, it's been kidnapped by one of my kids so I think I'll need to make another one...lol!

















I also made these simple Fabric Gift Bags that are handy for just about anything - small gift, treats, potpourri.  They can be used again rather than throwing away packaging as you normally might.  And they're all made essentially the same way with a few minor changes.  I plan on making more of the mini totes to fill with small gifts & gift cards for the holidays.













Here is a Sewing Accessory Set that requires virtually NO SEWing using Glue Arts new Fabric Bond Adhesive...love this stuff!  It really made it easy to attach the Cosmo Cricket fabric (so cute!) to the chipboard for the mini needle book. No waiting for glue to dry or having it get brittle & crack later on!


 












For stamping...I had the opportunity to work with these cute stamps by InStyle Stamps.  You can find a bunch of projects on the Glue Arts blog by the rest of the Glue Girls.
Here are the cards I made...

Thinking of You
 









 I paper pieced the stamp design with different pattern paper - My Mind's Eye
  
















A Little Bird Told Me...
 
















More paper piecing...cut out the pieces with a craft knife.



















And last, but not least...a Halloween Candle/Candy Jar for Bo Bunny...  It's filled with Candy Corn...decorative and yummy!














And if you haven't already taken a peek at the newest Bo Bunny releases, stop by the blog and check out these links ---> Crush, Midnight Frost & Crazy Love (<--my new favorite!) Can NOT wait to create with these fabulous new lines!

Thanks for stopping by today...enjoy your long weekend!  It's going to be beautiful here in PA and we have lots to do...a football game (my daughter plays flute), pumpkin picking and the PA Renn Faire!  :)

1 comment:

Kelly Massman said...

Awesome projects Patti! :-)