Monday, October 25, 2010

It's almost HaLLOwEEn!!

...one more week!  And really, it's this week that I love the most.  The anticipation of all the fun we have planned throughout the week.  We went pumpkin picking last week and got a ton of pumpkins when my husband did the "all you can carry" pumpkin challenge - we got 10!  3 really big ones, a few mediums and some small ones too...oh, and a butternut squash that I baked with cinnamon & brown sugar...it was sooooo good!  I still want to add a few more decorations to the house - maybe a scarecrow; I have a pumpkin muffin recipe I want to try; I have to finish up my son's Mario costume (so cute...and easy!); we'll be carving some of those pumpkins soon and I have a class party at the end of the week.  A lot to do, but I'm looking forward to it all.


I've also been creating a bunch of Halloween projects lately...including this Spiderman layout based on a sketch by Trisha Hill at Sketch Inspiration - you can find the sketch on the Bo Bunny Blog.  Here's my interpretation............
It's a Spiderman Halloween!  The photo was from a couple years ago, but it's a favorite (I love his pose!) so I scrapped it again!  :)  The paper, stamps and embellishments are from Bo Bunny's Whoo-ligans collection.


Cut the webs with a craft knife...yep, that took awhile.  :)


















I made this Halloween Tray and a few Party Project Ideas for Fiskars using their Halloween Night Clear Stamps and assortment of other tools including a few Squeeze Punches...






















The pattern paper is Happy Halloween by Echo Park Paper (<---love them!)













These little dimensional pumpkins are my favorite! 









A paper treat box made from the Journal Shape Template.

Last but not least is this sign, "The Witch is In...": sign I made using Glue Arts Car Accents....that's right, they're not JUST for cars!! 



And these super simple Spooky Lollipop Covers...













Again...Echo Park Paper...


















So that's it...for now.  I'll have more to come...

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

LISA C. PARSONS said...

Hi! I came across your blog from somewhere today? I love your Halloween Background layout.....where did you get it? I also love the Halloween music!!! I copied your playlist and hope to download these tunes. I love the music and I too love Halloween!!!! It is my favorite time of year!!!!