Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cute, cute stamps!

The Glue Arts team is working with Paper Smooches Stamps this month and I have to say, these are the cutest stamps!  I'm a new fan of Kim Hughes' adorable stamp designs and I feel that urge to start collecting every set...eek! 

In the meantime, I have two sets that I've used to make the cards below.  The first is a the project tutorial that I created for the Glue Arts Blog...



















Isn't that lightning bug sweet?  :)  The images are just perfect for cutting out to paper piece.  I used a mix of sentiment stamps to create the watermark stamped background with Versamark Ink.  The tutorial has the step by step instructions.


















Supplies:
Glue Arts:
U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam
Mini Adhesive Squares
Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive
Raise 'Ns
Paper Smooches Stamps:
Giddy Bugs
Sentiment Sampler
Echo Park Paper: Splash and Sweet Summertime Pattern Papers
Fiskars: Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch, Scallop Paper Edgers & Stamp Blocks

This next card was just a simple quick design, again with a paper pieced image.  
"Congratulations"


















To layer the butterfly, I first stamped the background tag then adhered the cut out wings.  Next, I added the body and then the head from another green pattern paper was applied with a piece of U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam.



















Supplies:
Glue Arts:
U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam
Mini Adhesive Squares
Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive
Paper Smooches Stamps:
Giddy Bugs
Sentiment Sampler
Pebbles Inc.: Happy Go Lucky Pattern Paper and Dimensional Sticker
Fiskars Americas: Threading Water Border Punch and Corner Squeeze Punches (Tag & Round)


If you get a chance, be sure to check out the Glue Arts Blog this week for more Paper Smooches projects and go ahead...treat yourself to one of those cute stamp sets Kim that designed...you know you want to!  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

These are adorable! I totally agree, I am a new Paper Smooches fan too! I just got my first set a couple of weeks ago, soooo cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Awww Patti both are simply ADORABLE!!!

Natalia said...

all the things are amazing, especially this!I used to scrapbooking but I preffer wire- wrapping. Take care and good luck!
Natalia