Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shake, shake, shake...

A quick share today.  Remember shaker accents?  I had a little blast of nostalgia the other week and made one for a project on the Glue Arts Blog.  Clearly I'm having fun because I made another...lol!  This card has the center circle as a mini shaker - about 2.5" wide.

Warm Thoughts...


















The flower is made up of layered scalloped circles with the adhesive foam shaker in the center filled with black seed beads and a few tiny flower punches.  I punched clouds (cut in half) from white cardstock and also paper pieced a tiny bee just below the flower.  He's made up of circles and heart punches.

















Supplies:
Glue Arts: U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam; Mini Adhesive Squares
Fiskars: Leaf, Cloud, Seal of Approval and Circle Squeeze Punches; Flower Hand Punch; Heart Lever Punch; Circle Pop Up Punch; Retractable Craft Knife and Scallop Paper Edgers.
Pattern Paper - Echo Park (A Walk in the Park); October Afternoon (Modern Homemaker); Pink Paislee (Hometown Summer)
Other: black seed beads; vellum and clear acetate
Here's the card that I created for the Glue Arts Blog using Echo Park Paper's Splash collection.  You can find the instructions and detail shots of how to make this super simple circle shaker accent on the blog.

Stay Cool...

In these shaker accents I popped up the fish a bit in addition to adding in beads, tiny punches and stickers.














Supplies:
Glue Arts: U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam; Mini Adhesive Squares
Echo Park Paper: Splash

Thanks for stopping by...enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

These are totally adorable! I have never tried a shaker card, looks like fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are ADORABLE!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Natalia said...

wow, I'm amazed your style and i'm impressed your preccision. I used to try scrapbooking, but I realized that it's not for me:( I preffer wier-wrapping and folclore flower felts. I love Poland folclore:)
take care, hugs from Poland!:)

Cottagerca said...

great shakers, its been a long time since i have done one of those.

Danielle said...

Wow! Fabulous!