Friday, September 30, 2011

Adding dimension...

I love the things I make to be dimensional, where the paper and embellishments "pop" off my card or project or layout.  There's so many ways to add even just a little bit of dimension but here are a few projects that I made for the Glue Arts Blog this past month that have lots of dimension...

At the end of August, I created a monogram sign using a rolled paper technique using Echo Park's Splash collection.  I was inspired by the many framed crayon monogram projects I've seen on the web and I thought why not do the same with rolled paper.

















Adhesive Squares secured the paper perfectly and I layered on stickers with Cut-It-Out Adhesive Foam.





































I have a few other projects in progress like this for fall and the holidays using this same technique.  

Earlier this month, Julia (our fearless and super creative team leader over at Glue Arts) had a another fabulous challenge idea for our team - to use something from Pinterest as an inspiration piece for a project.  You should know that I had been avoiding that place like the plague.  Why is that? Because (if you haven't already visited the sight) it's HIGHLY addictive!  You can spend forever seeing one creative idea after another and pinning things obsessively, which is what I now do.  Thank you very much, Julia!  :) 

Here's my {p}inspiration photo and here's my card using Crate Papers' Restoration and Portrait collections.....

Thankful for You

















 I made the small paper frames using corner and border punches.  I used a mix of U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam and the Raise 'Ns for this card.

















And last, but not least....we worked with Pebbles Inc. earlier in September.  I love their Happy Go Lucky collection that I used for this card...

Smile


















Super simple to put together with their adorable embellishments. I added extra U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam as well as Mini Adhesive Squares and Ribbon Adhesive to secure the button and pom-pom trim.


















That's it for today.  I can't believe September has come to an end!  It seems the month just blew by in a flash!  Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting!  Go add some dimension to whatever you're making.  :)

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Love the monogram, so fun! And I love the big butterfly!!

EFI said...

Wooow!!! Stunning, all of them!!! Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee that "S"! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Awww Patti,what beautiful cards my friend!!! everything is fabulous!!

keysha said...

Everything is so beautiful! You are very talented!

keysha said...

Everything is so beautiful! You are very talented!

Debby said...

Really like your monogram. Great idea with paper.