Monday, October 31, 2011

It's a Harry Potter Halloween...

Happy Halloween!!! 


















As you can see, I have my very own little Potter look-alike.  This year I made Alex's Harry Potter costume and I'm happy to say that he loves it!  It includes a black fleece hooded robe, a gray "sweater", a tie and scarf with the Gryffindor House colors, a carved wooden wand and last but not least my hand sewn version of the Golden Snitch. 


















The tie is simply a red clip-on tie with strips of Glue Arts Accent It All adhered to the front.  I like that the strips will come off easily without leaving behind any residue and the tie can be used again.  By the way, my husband actually carved the wand from a branch in the backyard.  He's crafty in his own way...clever man!


















Look out Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry!  He's not 11 yet, but practicing his spells already! 













I found this gold material at JoAnn's Fabrics for the Golden Snitch.  It has a black backing that made the material very easy to stitch.  The body of the Snitch is made in the same way as a fabric ball with petal shaped leaves.  I stitched the wings and pinned them inside each side of the ball before finishing. 

After all the snow we had this past weekend (SNOW in October!?!) I'm glad that he'll be bundled up for tonight's chilly adventures through the neighborhood.  :) 

Here's a couple of recent Halloween cards too...













I decided to give this Halloween card a Gothic spin mixing up Bo Bunny's new Enchanted collection with a stamps from other collections as well as a few Fiskars Squeeze Punches.  Enchanted is actually a wedding collection but I thought the distressed black and white patterns were perfect for the slightly spooky card I had in mind. 






































Supplies:
Bo Bunny: Enchanted Pattern Papers, Jewels, Buttons and Brads; Stamps from Welcome Home and Boo Crew
Fiskars Americas Tools: Oval, Cat & Crow


Finally, a Vintage Halloween Door Hanger...

















I created the 3D pumpkin using circle punches for this door hanger.  You just fold them in half and glue them together.  It takes quite a few to fill him out, but I love the dimensional effect.  Isn't he cute?  I like his little hat, too! 

















Supplies:
Authentique Paper: Glowing pattern paper and accents
Glue Arts: Extreme Adhesive Squares, Extreme Micro Adhesive Squares and Pro+ High Tac Adhesive
Fiskars Americas: Circle and Triangle Squeeze Punches

Glad you stopped by for my Halloween post!
Have a great day and once again....Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hi scostume is ADORABLE! Loveeee it! And loving the card and the door hanger...and loveeeee the snitch! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sherrie Suttles said...

The costume ROCKS! You did an amazing job on it.

I love the card and door hanger. Really like how you turned "wedding" paper into something else. It looks fantastic!