Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Very Thankful...






















I have been a lucky girl in many ways.  And recently, I can add an invitation to join the Therm O Web Design Team to that list.  I'm over the moon excited to be joining this incredibly talented team of designers lead by the equally fabulous, Julia Sandvoss.  She is a peach! 

Julia arranged for this lovely box of goodies to be sent my way.......thank you, Julia & Therm O Web!













A mix of adhesives for paper, fabric and for just about anything you want to create.  AND a can of Glitter Dust spray!  Woot....woot!!  Right?   :) 

So...for one of my first projects, I created this decorative frame to dress up a fall wreath I have hanging on the hall closet door.  I really like the wreath but it's seen better days and I thought this small addition might give it new life. 
"Autumn Harvest"
















To start, I made a "frame" from chipboard.  Paint, fleck & seal with acrylic spray.  Then I assembled it using Zots.













Next, I stamped the letters onto pattern paper with foam stamps and acrylic paint.  I adhered them to tags and to the background frame using 3D Foam Strips.











Once the letters were complete, I made paper pieced pumpkins to embellish.  I also made a small bird like the one in a previous post.













To finish, I punched holes in the top of the frame and attached some curled wire - wrap it around the end of a paint brush in uneven segments.  Add beads as you're wrapping.  Then tie a few pieces of ribbon/fabric strips to complete.









































Supplies:
Therm O Web Zots (Singles & Medium); 3D Foam Squares, 3D Foam Strips; Permanent Tape Runner
DCWV: The Wild Splendor (stack)
Other: Chipboard 12x12 sheet; 18 gauge wire; beads; ribbon; foam stamps; assorted punches

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by the Therm O Web Blog to see what's new!




No comments: