Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day!!!

Hard to believe that World Card Making Day is on it's 8th year!  I always look forward to this day and try to post an extra card or two to join in on the fun.  So to start, I created this card..........
"Thank You"
for the Operation Write Home WCMD 2013 Blog Hop!
Click the above image to visit the wonderful people over there and if you're not familiar with what they do, be sure browse around to see what this special organization does.  It's just heartwarming to know the impact these cards can make on the lives of our service men and women and their families.  The link will take you to the today's event page where you'll find other linked blogs participating in the hop.  Have fun!!
I used Sketch # 163 as my inspiration.
I turned the sketch on it's side (clockwise); layered vellum, a tag and another piece of distressed pattern paper.  I used tickets in place of the 3 squares and machine stitched the alpha sticker letters.

Supplies:
Echo Park - A Beautiful Life pattern paper and stickers
Bella Blvd Sophisticates High Five Alpha: Black - White
Therm O Web Adhesives - Vellum Runner and Sticky Strip Runner
Other: hemp

Now....I don't know about you but sometimes I can often get caught up in making a card with so many details that it takes me FORREEVVVVERRRR to finish. Making a quick card can be a real challenge for me!  So I've also created these two cards below that are designed to be quick, sweet & simple. 

"Live, Laugh & Let It Be"
 


I love this quote!  When we let the little things in life stress us out way too much, it's a good reminder to know that it’s okay to lighten up and let it be.   
It's such a cheery card with the adorable Bella Blvd Crochet Hearts sprayed with Therm O Web Gold Glitter Dust.  It's bound to brighten anyone’s day! 

Supply List:
Bella Blvd - 
Snapshots: Rise & Shine, Daily Details, Borders
Freestyle Sophisticates: Scallop
Crochet Hearts: Gulf, Punch and Bell Pepper
Designer Tape: Yellow Chevron (19mm) and Ice Stripe (12mm)
Therm O Web – Gold Glitter Dust Spray and Sticky Strip Runner


"Happy Happy Happy Birthday!"

This card design is one that I like to use again and again.  It's quick to put together and you just switch out paper, stickers and embellishments to recreate a card for any occasion.

Give the chipboard hearts dimension by adding 3D Adhesive Foam to the back of the inner heart.

Supply List:
Bella Blvd - 
Daily Chevies: Oreo and Bell Pepper Pattern Paper
Snapshots: Rise & Shine Pattern Paper; Captions Cardstock Stickers; Everyday Bookplates Cardstock Stickers
Freestyle Sophisticates: Scallop Pattern Paper
Sand & Surf: Paradise Pattern Paper; Miniatures Cardstock Stickers
Ciao Chip Everyday Elements: Sophisticates Stars & Hearts
Sophisticates High Five Alpha Stickers: Brown-Cream
Designer Tape: Yellow Chevron (19mm)
Button Market: Fruit Punch
Therm O Web – 3D Adhesive Foam, Medium Zot and Sticky Strip Runner
Other: hemp

If you're looking for even more cards.............
Click on the image above to visit the Bella Blvd Blog and see cards each hour all day!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope that I've inspired you a bit and that you're enjoying a creative day!! Have fun!

p a t t i

30 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors in all of your cards- all have wonderful details! Even your 'quick' cards are stunning! Thanks for your support of OWH and our troops!

Debbie McNamee said...

I love these cards! I love the paper combinations and how well everything fits together!

Kara said...

I love the colorways on all your cards - bright cheerful vintageyness!

Jan Mougel said...

Very pretty cards.I love the crochet hearts. They add a special touch. TFS

Studio Diva said...

Your color choices are so wonderful! I really adore those big tags, and all those details! I'm seeing so much machine sewing, hand sewing and other thread work, but I'm afraid to get paper bits in my machine ... Maybe that's a good enough excuse to look for an extra machine, just for paper? :-)

Julie said...

Wow that first card really knocks it out of the park! Love the music, the tickets, the stitching! All so adorable! Happy WCMD!

Dixie Cochran said...

Your cards are bright and cheerful. Thank you for the inspiration!

Jen R said...

I love the crochet hearts!!! I love the use of them! Thank you for supporting OWH!!! radloffjen at cableone dot net

Sue D said...

Very cute and colorful--I like the tickets. Your simple cards are fantastic too.

Operation Write Home said...

Such bright, cheerful colors, and so many patterns, wow!
Happy WCMD!
Sandy

Annie Wills said...

Great mix of patterned papers...love these!

Paula S. said...

Wow, what fabulous cards! My favorite is the first. The way you incorporated the tag and all the elements together is terrific. Thanks for joining in the hop and supporting OWH.

Paula S.

cissymurphy.com said...

Your cards are quite lovely, Patti, and I am so glad you have shared them with us. My shopping list has grown once again! LOL Happy WCMD!

Stampin Dj said...

Love how bright and cheery your cards are! Thanks for sharing!

Stacy B said...

Patti...these are such great cards. There are so many layers and beauty in each one of them. Thanks for sharing and for being part of the blog hop today.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

love all those layers - a girl after my own heart - thanks for sharing - thanks for supporting OWH

Barb Housner

Jessie said...

Love all of your cards and the papers you used are beautiful! Happy WCMD!

Michele Cunningham said...

such fun happy cards, the colors and patterns are making me drool. LOVE IT.

Hello, I'm Tami, said...

I love your tagged card and the tickets, so sweet and homespun!

Marybeth said...

Wow Patti you sure made some beautiful bright happy thank you cards! Love the crochet hearts on the one card.Great idea . Beautiful work here!

Linda said...

I adore that first card. Stunning. The elements are all perfect esp the tickets!

Kathy S said...

I love the adorable crochet hearts. Great embellie for a card.

*Vicki* said...

Such lovely creations!! Great papers and I love the tag you've created on your design! Thanks for sharing this for World Card Making Day! :) HUGS

Jen said...

I love all 3! That second one is so my style... and I love the little doily embellishments. Awesome!

Rufus said...

Great sentiment! Something I need to remember, let it be! Thanks for your support of OWH and all the inspiration.
R/

Michele from MS said...

I love the fun and cheerful colors you chose. I especially like the 3 little tags on the 1st one and crocheted hearts on the next one. Very pretty! TFS

Ann said...

Beautiful cards! They are such cheerful colors! I especially love the crocheted hearts!

KellyRae said...

Love the bright, cheery colors on your cards - and the marvelous layers and special touches. But my absolute fav is the one with the crocheted hearts.

Camille Short said...

All grand cards!

Donna Nuce said...

Love all the layers you use on your cards. Thanks for your support of OWH.